News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Aug 2020
- August 6, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) On the eve Raksha Bandhan, using leaf vines, women and children tied symbolic rakhi to the trees and took an oath to protect
a) Aravali forests
c) Gir forest
d) Namdapha National Park
• On the eve Raksha Bandhan, using leaf vines, women and children tied symbolic rakhi to the trees and took an oath to protect the Aravali forests that are the lifeline for clean air and water in Gurugram and National Capital Region.
2) Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant, recently heard in news is the first nuclear power plant in
d) None of the above
• United Arab Emirates’ first nuclear reactor at the Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant has achieved first criticality and successfully started up.
3) Cantonese, a local dialect of Chinese, is spoken in
a) Hong Kong
• Mandarin is the language of government and education of the Chinese mainland and Taiwan, with the notable exceptions of Hong Kong and Macau where a local dialect of Chinese called Cantonese is more often used.
• The National Education Policy (NEP) has dropped Mandarin or ‘Chinese’ from its list of examples of foreign languages that can be taught in schools.
4) Agatti Island is a part of group of islands belonging to
a) Lakshadweep islands
b) Andaman Nicobar Islands
d) All of the above
• Agatti Island is a 7.6 km long island, situated on a coral atoll called Agatti atoll in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, India.Recently, the National Green Tribunal granted an interim stay on felling of coconut trees on Agatti Island for the purpose of forming a Beach Road.
5) The Galapagos Islands, spread over almost 60,000 sq km, and are located in the Pacific Ocean around 1,000 km away from the South American continent is located in
d) Costa Rica
• Ecuador was on alert earlier this week as a fleet of Chinese fishing vessels– what some called a “floating city”– was sighted near the Galapagos archipelago.The Galapagos Islands, spread over almost 60,000 sq km, are a part of Ecuador, and are located in the Pacific Ocean around 1,000 km away from the South American continent.