News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 05 Aug 2020
- August 7, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following statements about Nagara Style of Architecture is incorrect?
a) No boundary walls
b) Garbhagriha under the tallest tower
c) No water tank
d) None of the above
• Nagara style doesn’t usually have elaborate boundary walls or gateways.
• Garbhagriha is always located directly under the tallest tower.
• The grand temple at Rama Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya will follow the Nagara style of temple architecture.
2) Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA), recently heard in news, is a
b) Statutory body
c) Constitutional body
d) None of the above
• HEFA incorporated on 31st May 2017, is a joint venture of Ministry of HRD, GOI and Canara Bank with an agreed equity participation in the ratio of 90.91% and 09.09% respectively.HEFA is registered under the Companies Act 2013 as a Union Govt company and as Non–deposit taking NBFC with RBI.
• The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has received a funding of ₹455.02 crore for the construction of new academic buildings, hostels, and research centres, among others, under the Union ministry of human resources development (MHRD)’s higher education funding agency (HEFA).
3) Presently, which among the following Indian states/UTs have multiple capitals?
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Jammu Kashmir
d) All of the above
• Maharashtra has two capitals– Mumbai and Nagpur (which holds the winter session of the state assembly).Himachal Pradesh has capitals at Shimla and Dharamshala (winter).Jammu & Kashmir had Srinagar and Jammu (winter) as capitals.
• The Andhra Pradesh high court has stayed the notifications issued by the YSR Congress government on the formation of three capitals for the state till August 14.
4) ParivarPehchan Patra (PPP) is a scheme to enable the citizens to get the benefits of various central and state government schemes at their door-step. It launched by
• It is launched by Haryana government.PPP will provide a unique identity to complete family and it would have name of the head of the family on top. The name of family member will be added to the ‘ParivarPehchan Patra’ right after his birth and after marriage of a girl her name will be transferred to the ‘ParivarPehchan Patra’ of her in-laws.
5) Beirut, recently heard in news, is the capital and largest city of
• It is the capital and largest city of Lebanon. A huge explosion recently devastated the port area of the capital Beirut