News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Aug 2020
- August 14, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Assam Accord was signed in the year of
• Clause 6 of the Assam Accord, which was signed in 1985 after the Assam Agitation of 1979-85, envisages that appropriate “constitutional, legislative and administrative safeguards should be provided to protect, preserve and promote the cultural, social, linguistic identity and heritage of the people of Assam.”
2) The volcano in Mount Sinabung has become active once again. Where is it located?
a) South Korea
d) New Zealand
• Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung volcano erupted on Monday, sending a column of ash and smoke more than 16,000 feet into the air. The volcano became active in 2010, erupting after nearly 400 years of inactivity.
3) Severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus, recently heard in news, is spread by
d) All of the above
• A disease called Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome, caused by the tick-borne virus, has killed seven and infected at least 60, setting off alarm bells among health officials in China.
4) Starship spacecraft project, recently hears in news, is designed by
• It is a prototype of SpaceX’s uncrewed “Mars ship”. It is a stainless steel test.
5) Sputnik Vis a new coronavirus vaccine launched by
• It is a new coronavirus vaccine launched by Russia.It is touted as the world’s first such vaccine, too.