News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 13 Aug 2020
- August 15, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) PM SVANidhi is a special micro-credit facility plan to provide affordable loan to more than 50 lakh street vendorsup to
c) ₹10 lakhs
d) ₹1 Crore
• It is a special micro-credit facility plan to provide affordable loan of up to ₹10,000 to more than 50 lakh street vendors.
• Small Industries Development Bank of India is the technical partner for implementation of this scheme.
2) Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare virtually launched the Krishi Megh. It deals with
a) Data recovery
b) Weather forecasting
c) Farming related information
d) None of the above
• Krishi Megh is the data recovery centre of ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research).
3) Papum Reserve Forest is an Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas (IBAs) located in
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Himachal Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
• A study based on satellite data has flagged a high rate of deforestation in this area which is also a major hornbill habitat in Arunachal Pradesh.
4) National Tiger conservation authority (NTCA) is a statutory body headed by
a) Wildlife Crime Control Bureau
b) Minister for Environment and Forests
c) Prime Minister
• The National Tiger Conservation Authority is set up under the Chairmanship of the Minister for Environment and Forests.
5) Which among the following is not a part of anorganism’s DNA make up?
1. that make up an organism’s DNA.
2. genome sequencing machines can substantially detect the possible presence of the virus.
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
• It is figuring out the order of DNA nucleotides, or bases, in a genome—the order of Adenine, Cytosine, Guanines, and Thymine that make up an organism’s DNA.
• To speed up testing as well as improve the accuracy of testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) positive cases, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is working on developing “mega labs”.