News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 14 Aug 2020
- August 16, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Price Monitoring and Resource Units (PMRU), recently heard in news, is funded and set up under
a) National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
b) Drug Controller General of India
c) Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation
d) Respective state governments
• It will be funded by National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) for its recurring and non-recurring expenses.
• A Price Monitoring and Resource Unit (PMRU) has been set up in Karnataka under the aegis of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA), Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
2) Which among the following states comes under Sixth Schedule of the Constitution?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
• The Sixth Schedule currently includes 10 autonomous district councils in four northeastern States — Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura.The revival of the demand for two autonomous councils has made political parties and community-based groups call for bringing the entire Arunachal Pradesh under the ambit of the Sixth Schedule or Article 371 (A) of the Constitution.
3) Strait of Gibraltar connects Mediterranean Sea with
a) Adriatic Sea
b) Black Sea
c) Atlantic Ocean
d) Pacific Ocean
• The Mediterranean Sea connectsto the Atlantic Oceanby the Strait of Gibraltar (known in Homer‘s writings as the “Pillars of Hercules” in the west. France has temporarily reinforced its military presence in the eastern Mediterranean Sea amid tensions between neighbours Greece and Turkey over recently discovered gas reserves.
4) Sarthak, designed & built indigenously by M/s Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) and launched recently, is a
b) Aircraft Carrier
c) Offshore Patrol Vessel
d) None of the above
• An Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) for the Indian Coast Guard was launched today and re-christened as Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Sarthak’.The launching ceremony held at Goa Shipyard Limited was conducted through video conferencing from Coast Guard headquarters at New Delhi.
5) Line of Credit (LOC), often seen in news, is a
b) Soft Loan
c) Currency Swap
d) None of the above
• The Line of Credit is not a grant but a ‘soft loan’ provided on concessional interest rates to developing countries, which has to be repaid by the borrowing government.
• The LOCs also helps to promote exports of Indian goods and services, as 75% of the value of the contract must be sourced from India.