News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 Aug 2020
- August 24, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The Chief Election Commissioner and other election commissioners hold office for
a) 6 years
b) 5 years
c) 4 years
d) 2 years
• In pursuance of clause (2) of article 324 of the Constitution, the President has appointed Rajiv Kumar, IAS(Retd.) as the Election Commissioner.The Chief Election Commissioner and other election commissioners hold office for 6 years or till they attain the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier. They can resign at any time by addressing their resignation to the president.
2) Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) is a central sector scheme administered by
a) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
b) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
c) Ministry of Rural Development
d) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
• It is a credit-linked subsidy scheme which promotes self-employment through setting up of micro-enterprises, where subsidy up to 35% is provided by the Government through Ministry of MSME for loans up to ₹25 lakhs in manufacturing and ₹10 lakhs in the service sector.
3) Thumbimahotsavam 2020 is the first-ever State Dragonfly Festival in the state of
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
• It is the first-ever State Dragonfly Festival in Kerala. World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF–India) State unit has joined hands with the Society for Odonate Studies (SOS) and Thumbipuranam for the festival.
4) Kariye Museum, recently seen in news, is located in
d) None of the above
• Turkish President has issued a decree to open this Orthodox church that was previously a popular Istanbul museum to Muslim worship upon a court order.
5) Atal BimitVyakti Kalyan Yojana, aimed to financially support those who lost their jobs or rendered jobless for whatsoever reasons, is an initiative by
a) Employee’s State Insurance Corporation
b) Life Insurance Corporation
c) Reserve Bank of India
d) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
• It aims to financially support those who lost their jobs or rendered jobless for whatsoever reasons due to changing employment pattern.It is launched by the Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) Corporation.