News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Aug 2020
- August 31, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Toys (Quality Control) Order has been issued by
a) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
b) Niti Aayog
c) Department of Health and Family Welfare
d) None of the above
• The toy industry in India has asked the government to suspend a Quality Control Order (QCO) issued recently, for at least a year, failing which the industry would be forced to shut shop.
2) PM remembers Mahatma Ayyankali on his 157th Birth Anniversary. He was a leader fought against caste discrimination from the state of
• Born on August 28th, 1863 in a small village in the princely state of Travancore, now within the south of the modern-day nation of Kerala,
3) Chunauti,a Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest, is an initiative of
a) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
b) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
c) Niti Aayog
d) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
• Minister for Electronics and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad on Friday launched next-generation startup contest `Chunauti” which aims to encourage startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns.
• With an outlay of about Rs 95 crore over a three-year period, the programme aims to identify around 300 startups working in identified areas and provide them seed fund of up to Rs 25 lakh and other facilities, an official release said.
4) Which among the following states/UTs had embarked on the Pilot project on Biological Control of Rodents (Rats) by Using Barn Owls?
d) Daman and Diu
• The Lakshadweep Administration had embarked on the ‘Pilot project on Biological Control of Rodents (Rats) by Using Barn Owls (Tyto alba) in Kavaratti Island’ after studies revealed the shocking extent of damage caused by rats to the island’s coconut yield and economy.
5) Who among the following is the official patron of Association of Renewable Energy Agencies of States (AREAS)?
a) Prime Minister
b) Minister of New and Renewable Energy
c) Minister of Forest, Environment and Climate Change
d) None of the above
• The Union Minister for MNRE is the Patron of the Association.
• R.K.Singh, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy andthe ex-officio Patron of Association of Renewable Energy Agencies of States (AREAS) graced the ceremony of 6th Foundation Day of AREAS on 27th August 2020 through online platform. He launched AREAS website www.areas.org.in and also Telephone Directory of AREAS.