News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Sep 2020
- September 17, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
1) Who was the first poet whose works were nationalised by the state government of Tamil Nadu?
a) Subramaniya Bharathi
• His songs on nationalism and freedom of India helped to rally the masses to support the Indian Independence Movement in Tamil Nadu.
2) Mekedatu project, often heard in news and being developed in Karnataka, is being built across the river
• The Karnataka government is likely to take a delegation to bring pressure on the Centre to approve the construction of the Mekedatu balancing reservoir that has been proposed to store water for drinking purposes.
3) Singapore Convention, recently heard in news, is associated with
a) Ship recycling
b) Persistent Organic Pollutants
d) None of the above
• The United Nations General Assembly adopted the Convention on 20th December 2018 and it was opened for signature on 7th August 2019 in Singapore.
• It is also known as the Singapore Convention on Mediation and also the first UN treaty to be named after Singapore
4) Which Indian state has highest number of enemy properties in India?
a) West Bengal
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Jammu and Kashmir
• Properties that were left behind by the people who took citizenship of Pakistan and China are called enemy properties and there are more than 9000 such properties left behind by Pakistani nationals and 126 by Chinese nationals.
• Of the total properties left behind by those who took Pakistani citizenship, 4,991 are located in Uttar Pradesh, the highest in the country. West Bengal has 2,735 such estates and Delhi 487.
5) Zero Hour, a parliamentary tool, find mention in
b) Rules of Procedure
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• Zero Hour is an Indian parliamentary innovation. It is not mentioned in the parliamentary rules book.