News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Sep 2020
- September 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Solar Cycle 25 is an event where the Sun’s magnetic field completely flips. Ithappens every
a) 20 years
b) 111 years
c) 2000 years
d) 11 years
• Every 11 years or so, the Sun’s magnetic field completely flips. This means that the Sun’s north and south poles switch places. Then it takes about another 11 years for the Sun’s north and south poles to flip back again.So far, astronomers have documented 24 such cycles, the last one ended in 2019.
2) Recently inaugurated Kosi Rail Mahasetu provides a shorter route to the Northeast. It connects districts of
b) Arunachal Pradesh
• It was inaugurated recently in Bihar and connects Nirmali and Saraigarh districts of Bihar.
3) Which of the following is the first institution with Institution of National Importance status in the AYUSH Sector?
a) Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar
b) National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) Jaipur
c) National Institute of Siddha (NIS), Chennai
d) RashtriyaAyurved Vidyapeeth, New Delhi
• ITRA will be the first institution with INI status in the AYUSH Sector.
4) Scientists have reported a first-of-its-kind discovery of morphological phenotypic plasticity (MPP) in the Kalinga cricket frog. It was found in
a) Eastern Ghats
b) Western Ghats
d) Both (a) and (b)
• It was thought to be endemic to the hill ranges of the Eastern Ghats. But now, researchers have reported the Kalinga cricket frog from the central Western Ghats, with the evidence of considerable ‘morphological phenotypic plasticity (MPP)’.
5) As per Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, how many days are allotted to the investigating agency after the arrests before producing the accused to the judiciary?
a) 1 day
b) 30 days
c) 180 days
d) None of the above
• Under the UAPA, the investigating agency can file a charge sheet in maximum 180 days after the arrests.
• According to the latest data released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), a total of 3,005 cases were registered in the country under anti-terror law Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) in 2016, 2017 and 2018, and 3,974 people were arrested under the Act