News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Sep 2020
- September 20, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)should be a
a) Retired chief justice of India
b) Judge of the Supreme Court
c) Both (a) or (b)
d) Retired chief justice of high courts
• NHRC has ordered the Assam government to pay ₹1 lakh to a 48-year-old man who was thrashed more than a year ago in Biswanath district for selling cooked beef at his tea stall at a weekly market.The chairperson is a retired chief justice of India or a judge of the Supreme Court.
2) Which among the following is not one of the agreements signed between US and India?
a) Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA).
b) Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA).
c) General Security of Military Information Agreement (GSOMIA)
d) Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-Spatial cooperation (BECA)
• The U.S. is expecting India to sign the last foundational agreement, Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-Spatial cooperation (BECA), at the next India-U.S. 2+2 ministerial dialogue likely to held in October end.
3) Tidal Disruption Events (TDE), recently heard in news, is associated with
a) Moon and Earth
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• Astronomers study Blackholes by watching for their effects on nearby stars and gas. Stars are disrupted when the black hole’s tidal gravity exceeds the star’s self-gravity, and this phenomenon is called tidal disruption events (TDE).
4) World Patient Safety Day, observed on every September 17, is started in the year of
• On 17 September 2020, the World Health Organization, international partners and all countries will celebrate World Patient Safety Day.World Patient Safety Day was established by the 72nd World Health Assembly, in May 2019, with the adoption of resolution WHA72.6 on ‘Global action on patient safety’, and an endorsement for the Day to be marked annually on 17 September. World Patient Safety Day builds on a series of successful annual Global Ministerial Summits on Patient Safety, which started in London in 2016.
5) Presently, India hasn’t signed air bubble agreement with
• India has entered into Air Bubble agreements with 10 countries viz. USA, Canada, France, Germany, UK, Maldives, UAE, Qatar, Afghanistan and Bahrain, till 13.09.2020.