News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 21 Sep 2020
- September 23, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Article 89 of the Indian Constitution is related to
b) Speaker of Lok Sabha
c) Vice President
d) Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
• Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabhais a constitutional position created under Article 89 of the Constitution, which specifies that Rajya Sabha shall choose one of its MPs to be the Deputy Chairman as often as the position becomes vacant.
• Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu has rejected the no-confidence motion moved by the Opposition against the Deputy Chairman Harivansh saying that it is “not admissible under the rules”.
2) The Koh-i-Noor Diamond, which is now among the jewels set in the British Crown, was mined and first owned by
• Kakatii Devi temple built by Kakatiya ruler Ganapati Deva in Dharanikota (Andhra Pradesh) converted into an abode of local Goddess ‘Balusulamma’.
3) The Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) has its permanent secretariat located at
d) New Delhi
• Election Commission of India has completed one year of Chairmanship of the Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB).
4) Chendamangalam see, recently heard in news, was given GI tag from the state of
a) Tamil Nadu
• Care 4 Chendamangalam, which works with weavers in Kerala, brings the eponymous GI-tagged sari for a fund-raiser exhibition to Bengaluru.
5) International Day of Peace is observed around the world on
a) September 21st
b) June 21st
c) March 22nd
d) December 23rd
• It is observed around the world on 21st September.
• The theme for 2020 is“Shaping Peace Together”.