News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Sep 2020
- September 25, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following countries are not part of Arab League?
a) Saudi Arabia
• Syria’s participation has been suspended due to the government repression during the Syrian Civil War.
• In a response to the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain normalising their ties with Israel, the Palestinian Authority has formally stepped down from a key role in the Arab League.
2) Which among the following is a truly federal organisation in India, on the lines of Federal Bureau of Investigation in USA?
• Central Government can order NIA to take over investigation of any scheduled offense anywhere in the India.
• The government has empowered the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to investigate offences under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act so that the agency need not rely on local police to unravel drug trade ties that emerge during counter-terrorism operations.
3) Abhyas is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) of DRDO, is a
a) Fully autonomous flight
b) Light Combat Aircraft
c) Air defence system
d) None of the above
• DRDO recently conducted the successful flight test of ABHYAS–High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT).The vehicle is programmed for fully autonomous flight.
4) Which among the following is not an official language of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir?
• Earlier, only English and Urdu were the official languages in the former State.The Lok Sabha has passed the J&K Official Languages Bill, 2020 that seeks to include Kashmiri, Dogri and Hindi as the official languages in the newly-created Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
5) Indian Navy (IN) is scheduled to undertake a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Navy of
• Indian Navy (IN) is scheduled to undertake a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Australian Navy (RAN) in the East Indian Ocean Region from 23 to 24 Sep 20.