News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 24 Sep 2020
- September 26, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Central Pollution Control Board CPCB is a statutory organisation which was constituted under:
a) Air Act, 1981
b) Water Act, 1974
c) Environment Act, 1986
d) None of the above
• CPCB is a statutory organisation which was constituted in September, 1974 under the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974.
• CPCB recently celebrated its 46th Foundation Day.
2) Which among the following comes under the responsibility of President of India?
c) Adjournment sine die
d) All of the above
• The power of adjournment as well as adjournment sine die lies with the presiding officer (Speaker or Chairman) of the House.
• The Lok Sabha adjourned sine die recently in what is being termed one of the shortest sessions in India’s parliamentary history, but which was packed with 25 Bills.
3) The G4 nations are four countries which support each other’s bids for permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council. Which among the following is not a member to it?
d) South Africa
• The G4 nations comprising Brazil, Germany, India, and Japan are four countries which support each other’s bids for permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council.
• The foreign ministers of the G4 countries held a virtual meeting coinciding with the 75th session of the UN General Assembly during which they held extensive discussion on the need for urgent reform of the UNSC.
4) Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan Committee is constituted for looking into the matters of
a) Corporate Governance
b) Digital Currency
c) Data Privacy
d) None of the above
• This committee (formed in 2019) headed by Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan has suggested that non-personal data generated in the country be allowed to be harnessed by various domestic companies and entities.
5) Komodo Dragons, largest lizards on Earth, is categorised under IUCN as
d) Critically Endangered
• According to a recent study, these lizards could become extinct in the next few decades due to climate change unless measures are taken to change the status quo.IUCN Status of the animal is Vulnerable