News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Sep 2020
- September 27, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA)Special Ministerial conference was held recently. It is headquartered at
a) New Delhi
c) Nur Sultan
• It is an inter-governmental forum for enhancing cooperation towards promoting peace, security and stability in Asia.Secretariat is at Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
2) Which among the following is a member of BIMSTEC, but not SAARC?
• During the meet, India called on all SAARC members to “collectively resolve to defeat the scourge of terrorism, including the forces that nurture, support and encourage an environment of terror and conflict, which impede the objective of SAARC to realise its full potential for collective collaboration and prosperity across South Asia”.
• Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) comprising Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand brings together 1.5 billion people – 21% of the world population, and a combined GDP of over US$ 2.5 trillion.
3) Who among the following has the power to set up Board for Regulation and Supervision of Payment and Settlement Systems (BPSS)?
c) Central Government
d) None of the above
• The Reserve Bank is authorized under the Act to constitute a Committee of its Central Board known as the Board for Regulation and Supervision of Payment and Settlement Systems (BPSS), to exercise its powers and perform its functions and discharge its duties under this statute.
4) Jnanpith Award can be given to works written in
d) All of the above
• Any Indian citizen who writes in any of the official languages of India is eligible for the honour.English language was added to the list of languages for consideration after the 49th Jnanpith Award.
• Jnanpith award announced in November last year was handed over to poet AkkithamAchuthan Namboothiri at a special function held recently.
5) RAISE Summit 2020, heard in news recently, is an initiative of
a) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)
b) NITI Aayog
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• It is being conducted by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog.
• It will be a global meeting to exchange for using AI in areas like healthcare, agriculture, education and smart mobility.
• RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020.’