News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Sep 2020
- September 28, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) How many members does National Medical Commission (NMC) have, once it replaces Medical Coucil of India (MCI)?
• The Union government has set up the National Medical Commission (NMC) along with four other autonomous boards while abolishing the MCI.The Centre has notified the 33-member NMC, which will be chaired for three years by Suresh Chandra Sharma.
2) Permanent Court of Arbitration held recently that India should not to pursue the tax demand any more against Vodafone Group. It is headquartered at
c) New York
d) None of the above
• In a unanimous decision, the Permanent Court of Arbitration at The Hague has ruled that:
o India’s retrospective demand of Rs 22,100 crore as capital gains and withholding tax imposed on Vodafone for a 2007 deal was “in breach of the guarantee of fair and equitable treatment”.
o India should not to pursue the tax demand any more against Vodafone Group.
3) Which among the following counties belong to G8, but not to G7?
c) South Korea
4) Which among the following regulator decides the list of companies in Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs)?
• Three insurers- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) and New India Assurance Co.- have been recognised as Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs) for 2020-21.
5) Fridays For Future is a global climate strike movement that started in August 2018, in
• The FFF is a global climate strike movement that started in August 2018, when 15-year-old Greta Thunberg began a strike in Sweden.