News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 30 Sep 2020
- October 2, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Himalayan Chandra Telescope, a 2-m diameter optical-infrared telescope, operated remotely by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is located in
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Madhya Pradesh
• The Telescope is housed within the Indian Astronomical Observatory at Ladakh.It is operated remotely by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore.The telescope is celebrating its 20th Birthday.
2) Which among the following is not an association Bhagat Singh was not associated with?
a) Naujawan Bharat Sabha
b) Lahore Students Union
c) Hindustan Socialist Republican Association
d) None of the above
• Associations he was associated with: Hindustan Republican Association,Naujawan Bharat Sabha, Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA), Lahore Students Union
• 113th birth anniversary celebrated on 28th September, 2020.
3) National Statistical Office (NSO), which is a wing of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, has conducted the first “Time Use Survey (TUS)” in India. It aims to
a) Frequency of purchase of basic household items
b) People participation in paid and unpaid activities
c) After school-hours spend by students
d) None of the above
• The primary objective is to measure participation of men and women in paid and unpaid activities.
4) Ganga Avalokan is the first museum on the river located at Chandighat in
• PM Modi inaugurated the project of ‘Ganga Avlokan’ among six other projects under the ‘Namami Gange’ programme in Uttarakhand. Ganga Avlokan will be a museum based on the significance of river Ganga and will be located at ChandiGhat.
5) International Energy Security Conference 2020, recently conducted, was organised by
a) Global Counter Terrorism Council
b) International Energy Agency
c) World Economic Forum
d) International Atomic Energy Agency
• Union Minister Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan said that the clarion call given by Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi for an ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ will drive our efforts in evolving a comprehensive energy security architecture in the country. In his keynote address to ‘GCTC Energy Security Conference 2020’ organized by Global Counter Terrorism Council, he said that it will be marked by a continuity of robust energy policies put in place over the last six years, and a change to address the Covid-19 unleashed challenges.