News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 01 Oct 2020
- October 3, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Statement of Intent on ‘Decarbonization and Energy Transition Agenda’ is signed between India and
• NITI Aayog and Embassy of the Netherlands sign Statement of Intent on ‘Decarbonization and Energy Transition Agenda’.
• Key elements include i) lowering the net carbon footprint in industrial and transport sectors ii) realise the target potential of natural gas and promote bio-energy technologies iii) adopt clean air technologies from monitoring to reducing actual particulates iv) adopt next-generation technologies, such as hydrogen, carbon capture utilization, and storage for sectoral energy efficiency v) financial frameworks to deliver and adopt climate change finance.
2) “It is a surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile featuring indigenous Booster and Airframe Section.It flies almost three times the speed of sound at Mach 2.8. It was jointly developed by India and Russia.”Which among the following is being mentioned in the above statement?
• “BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile featuring indigenous Booster and Airframe Section along with many other ‘Made in India’ sub-systems was successfully flight tested for designated range” at 10.30 am from the integrated test range at Balasore in Odisha, the Defence Ministry said in a statement. “It is one more major step in enhancing the indigenous content.”
3) Government of India has declared November 18 as Naturopathy Day. This day is selected in commemoration to an event by
a) Mahatma Gandhi
b) Jawaharlal Nehru
c) Winston Churchill
d) Lord Mountbatten
• Government of India has declared November 18 as Naturopathy Day in commemoration of the commitment made by Mahatma Gandhi to Nature Cure on that day in 1945.
4) Zombie fires, recently heard in news, is happening in
b) Artic region
d) Andaman Nicobar Islands
• A zombie fire is a fire that continues to burn underground and then reignites on the surface after a period of time.‘Zombie fires’ becoming more frequent in Arctic in addition to fires occurring in the once-frozen tundra.
5) Government borrows through issue of government securities called
b) Certificate of deposits
c) Treasury Bills
d) Both (a) and (c)
• Borrowing is a loan taken by the government and falls under capital receipts in the Budget document.Usually, Government borrows through issue of government securities called G-secs and Treasury Bills.
• The Finance Ministry has said that the government will borrow Rs 4.34 lakh crore in the second half of the current fiscal to meet its expenditure requirement amid COVID-19 crisis afflicting the country”s economy.