News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Oct 2020
- October 4, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Everyyear, International Day of Older Persons is observed on
a) 1st October
b) 2nd October
c) 14th November
d) 31st March
• International Day of Older Persons is observed on 1st October every year.It is designated in 1990 by the United Nations General Assembly.
2) RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020 is an initiative of government of India with the help of
a) Ministry of Science and Technology
b) Niti Aayog
c) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
d) Both (b) and (c)
• It is organized by Government of India along with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog.AISE 2020 is India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit to be organized by the Government in partnership with Industry & Academia.
3) The Industrial Relations Code, 2020, recently heard in news, aims to combine
a) Trade Union Act, 1926
b) Industrial Employment Act, 1946
c) Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
d) All of the above
• The Industrial Relations Code 2020 is seen as one that would energise industry and spur economic activity. It aims to free employees from the constraints of earlier labour laws. The Industrial Relations Code combines the features of three erstwhile laws.
4) Totest launch their Agnibaan rocket,Indian aerospace start-up AgniKul Cosmos has signed a memorandum of agreement with
c) Alaska Aerospace Corporation
• Indian aerospace start-up AgniKul Cosmos has signed a memorandum of agreement with the Alaska Aerospace Corporation to test launch their Indian-made Agnibaan rocket from the Pacific Spaceport Complex Alaska (PSCA) on Kodiak Island in the United States. The company is targeting commercial rocket launches from 2022 onwards.
5) World Vegetarian Day, observed to bring awareness about the social, health and environmental benefits of going meat-less, is celebrated on
a) 1st October
b) 30th September
c) 31st October
d) 5th July
• 1st October commences the celebration of Vegetarian Awareness Month.Established by the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978, this day is observed to bring awareness about the social, health and environmental benefits of going meat-less.