News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Oct 2020
- October 5, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) PathashreeAbhijan, a road repair scheme, where more than 7,000 stretches of roads comprising 12,000 kilometers will be repaired, is an initiative by the government of
d) West Bengal
• West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday launched the PathashreeAbhijan, a road repair scheme, where more than 7,000 stretches of roads comprising 12,000 kilometers across the state will be repaired
2) In a bid to promote sustainable and healthy lifestyle in rural areas, a special refinance facility to support the government’s Water, Sanitisation and Hygiene (WASH) programme was initiated by
b) Ministry of Jal Shakthi
d) Ministry of Agriculture and Family Welfare
• In a bid to promote sustainable and healthy lifestyle in rural areas, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) on Thursday announced a special refinance facility to support the government”s Water, Sanitisation and Hygiene (WASH) programme.An amount of Rs 800 crore has been earmarked for this purpose for the financial year 2020-21, NABARD said in a statement.
3) C-130J Super Hercules cargo aircraft, recently heard in news, is bought from
d) None of the above
• The Pentagon has approved India’s request to buy USD 90 million worth of equipment, spare parts and logistical support for its fleet of C-130J Super Hercules cargo aircraft.
4) International day of Non-violence is observed annually on the birth anniversary of
a) Martin Luther King Jr.
b) Mahatma Gandhi
c) Abraham Lincoln
d) Nelson Mandela
• The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence.On 15 June 2007 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish 2 October as the International Day of Non-Violence.
5) ‘Kritagyata’, an online pension submission and tracking system, is an initiative by the government of
• To ensure convenience to the pensioners to dispose their pension-related claims, Assam Chief Minister SarbanandaSonowal today launched a ‘Kritagyata’, an online pension submission and tracking system.