News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 05 Oct 2020
- October 7, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Atal tunnel, recently inaugurated by the Prime Minister, is located in
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
• Earlier this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s longest highway tunnel (above 10,000 feet)—Atal Tunnel—situated at an altitude of 3,000 metres from the mean sea level (MSL) in Himachal Pradesh.
2) Chardham Project, recently heard in news, doesn’t go through
• The project will connect Badrinath Dham, Kedarnath Dham, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and part of the route leading to Kailash Mansarovar yatra.
3) In India, who among the following is not eligible for postal ballot?
a) People with disabilities
b) People over 80 years of age
c) Convicts in prison
d) None of the above
• EC announces new rules for postal ballot: The rules aim to make it more convenient for those above 80 years of age and people with disabilities to vote.
4) Nagorno-Karabakh, also known as Artsakh is an area of dispute between
a) Armenia and Azerbaijan
b) Sudan and Egypt
c) Israel and Palestine
d) China and Japan
• Territorial disputes and ethnic conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan in Central Asia have impacted the Nagorno-Karabakh region in the South Caucasus.
5) PM SVANidhi Scheme, implemented by Small Industries Development Bank of India, is aimed at
b) Street Vendors
c) Micro, Small Enterprises
d) All of the above
• Foodtech major Swiggy has signed an MoU with the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs or MoHUA to bring India’s street food vendors on to its online platform.The initiative under PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi or PM SVANidhi Scheme will help these vendors grow their business which was severely hit and are still struggling due to the Covid-19 pandemic.