News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Oct 2020
- October 10, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Poverty and Shared Prosperity Report, recently released, is an initiative of
a) Niti Aayog
b) World Economic Forum
c) World Bank
d) Both (a) and (b)
• It is a biennial report of the World Bank.It provides a global audience with the latest and most accurate estimates on trends in global poverty and shared prosperity.
2) Which among the following constituents will be measured by National Air Quality Index, developed by the CPCB in consultation with IIT-Kanpur?
a) Ozone (O3)
b) Ammonia (NH3)
c) Lead (Pb)
d) All of the above
• The measurement of air quality is based on eight pollutants, namely: Particulate Matter (PM10), Particulate Matter (PM2.5), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Ozone (O3), Ammonia (NH3), and Lead (Pb).
3) Abortelphusa Namdaphaensis is a new freshwater crab species found recently on the edge of a small stream in Namdapha Tiger Reserve. Where is the reserve located?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
• AbortelphusaNamdaphaensis is a tribute not just to Namdapha, the largest protected area in the Eastern Himalayan Biodiversity Hotspot, but also to Abor Hills, another rich biodiversity hotspot in Arunachal Pradesh.
4) New Development Bank has approved infrastructure projects worth 741 million dollars in India. It is headquartered in
a) Fortaleza, Brazil
b) Shanghai, China
c) Beijing, China
d) New Delhi, India
• It was established in 2014, at the 6th BRICS Summit at Fortaleza, Brazil, headquartered in Shanghai, China.
5) Which among the following is not one of the “Cotton- 4” Countries?
b) Burkina Faso
• Second World Cotton Day was observed on 7th October 2020.This event stems from the Cotton-4’s official application for the recognition of a World Cotton Day by the United Nations General Assembly.Cotton- 4 Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali.