News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Oct 2020
- October 11, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Rapid Action Force (RAF), raised to deal with riots, riot like situations, crowd control, rescue and relief operations, and related unrest, is a specialised wing of
a) Telangana Police
b) Indian Army
• It is a specialised wing of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).RAF stands for ‘Rapid Action Force’ is a specialized force. It was raised in October 1992 with 5 more units added w.e.f January 2018. These units were instituted to handle riots and similar situations and be responsible for internal security. Today, India is celebrating the 28th anniversary of Rapid Action Force.
2) The Indian Air Force now is the fourth largest in the world. It celebrates Air Force Day on
a) 8th October
b) 8th August
c) 5th October
d) 26th January
• October 8 is celebrated as the Air Force Day because on this day, the Air Force in India was officially raised in 1932 as the supporting force of the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom.
3) Who has been selected for Nobel Prize in Literature for the year 2020?
a) Peter Handke
b) Kazuo Ishiguro
c) Olga Tokarczuk
d) Louise Glück
• American poet Louise Gluck has won the 2020 Nobel Literature Prize.
4) Graded Response Action Plan to tackle air pollution is prepared by
a) Environment Pollution (Prevention & Control) Authority
b) Central Pollution Control Board
c) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
d) None of the above
• The Environment Pollution (Prevention & Control) Authority has directed Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan to implement air pollution control measures under “very poor” and “severe” category air quality of the Graded Response Action Plan from October 15.
5) Second World Cotton Day was observed on
a) 5th October
b) 7th October
c) 3th October
d) 7th August
• Second World Cotton Day was observed on 7th October 2020.This event stems from the Cotton-4’s official application for the recognition of a World Cotton Day by the United Nations General Assembly.Cotton- 4 Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali.