News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Oct 2020
- October 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Nobel Peace Prize for the year 2020 is awarded to
a) World Food Programme (WFP)
b) Abiy Ahmed Ali
c) Denis Mukwege
d) None of the above
• The United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP) has won the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to combat hunger around the world and improve conditions for peace in areas affected by conflict.
2) Which among the following is the first state to have an independent ‘Tree Transplantation Policy’?
c) Himachal Pradesh
• Delhi Cabinet has given its nod for ‘Tree Transplantation Policy’. With this, Delhi has become the first State in India to pass this policy.
3) “The missile has been designed for suppression of enemy air defenses (SEAD).It has a strike range of around 100 to 150 km.It is the first indigenous air-to-ground missile developed by the DRDO.”
Which among the following missiles is being mentioned in the above passage?
• The Rudram missile is launched from a Sukhoi-30 MKI. India’s first indigenous anti-radiation missile, Rudram, developed for the Indian Air Force, was successfully flight-tested from a Sukhoi-30 MKI jet off the east coast on Friday.
• It is the first indigenous air-to-ground missile developed by the DRDO, after the supersonic BrahMos, which has been developed jointly with Russia.
4) Which among the following countries is often referred to as ‘Central Asia’s only democracy’?
• Street protests erupted in Kyrgyzstan earlier this week following recent parliamentary election. The opposition has alleged that the vote was rigged.
5) Maru Mani is a unique and innovative social media campaign launched to support
b) Street Vendors
d) All of the above
• The campaign seeks to raise financial support for the famed musicians of desert districts of Rajasthan who are suffering severe hardships due to prolonged Corona crisis and accompanying lockdown (Particularly the Langa-Manganiyar folk artistes of western Rajasthan).