News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Oct 2020
- October 18, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS IAS
- Category: Quizes
1) By signing Ship Recycling Act, 2019, India has acceded to Hong Kong Convention for Ship Recycling under
a) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
b) International Maritime Organization
c) Permanent Court of Arbitration
d) International Seabed Authority
• Under Ship Recycling Act, 2019, India has acceded to Hong Kong Convention for Ship Recycling under International Maritime Organization (IMO).The Centre has notified the directorate general of shipping as the National authority for recycling of ships.
2) India has been designated the ‘Vice-Chair’ of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). It is a working group of
• India has been designated the ‘Vice-Chair’ of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Working Group of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
3) “Five Eyes” group of nations is a global alliance to fight against
b) Encrypted online messages
d) None of the above
• The UK and India are joined by the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan in a joint international statement addressed to all tech companies to ensure they do not blind themselves to illegal activity on their platforms, including child abuse images.
4) Nandankanan Zoological Park (NZP)has revived its innovative ‘Adopt-An-Animal’ programme to mobilise resources for animals. It is located in
d) West Bengal
• The Nandankanan Zoological Park (NZP) in Bhubaneswar, which suffered a huge loss following its closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, has revived its innovative ‘Adopt-An-Animal’ programme to mobilise resources for animals.
5) Taiwan Strait or Formosa Strait connects South China sea with
a) Philippine Sea
b) East China Sea
c) Yellow Sea
d) Andaman Sea
• The Taiwan Strait makes up part of the South China Sea, and its northern portion is linked to the East China Sea.U.S. warship in Taiwan Strait enrages China. China claims sovereignty over the island and surrounding seas.