News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Oct 2020
- October 22, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS IAS
- Category: Quizes
1) Country’s first ever multi-modal logistic park will be built in
• India’s first Multimodal Logistics Park (MMLP) that will come up at Jogighopa, about 155 kilometres west of Guwahati, is poised to be a game-changer for the entire Northeast, as well as neighbours Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh.
2) Asafoetida, or heeng, is a common ingredient in most Indian kitchens. It is cultivated in the state of
a) Jammu & Kashmir
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) None of the above
• Heeng is not cultivated in India. India imports Rs 600 crore worth of this pungent flavoured herb every year. It is a perennial plant. The plant stores most of its nutrients inside its deep fleshy roots.
3) Which among the following countries is not a part of Malabar naval exercise?
• Amid the ongoing stand-off with China in eastern Ladakh, the Ministry of Defence on Monday announced that Australia would join the Malabar 2020 naval exercise, consisting of India, Japan and the U.S., to be held next month, more than three years after Australia first requested to join.
4) Pink dolphins are making a comeback in the delta of river
• Chinese pink dolphins are making a comeback in the Pearl river estuary, one of the most heavily industrialised areas on Earth.
5) Which is the first state that aims to to connect all its villages with high-speed internet by March 31, 2021 under ‘GharTak Fibre’ scheme?
c) Madhya Pradesh
• The government’s ambitious ‘GharTak Fibre’ scheme — which aims to connect all the villages with high-speed internet — is off to a slow start in poll-bound Bihar, the first state that aims to connect all its 45,945 villages by March 31, government data obtained by The Indian Express showed.