News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Oct 2020
- October 25, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS IAS
- Category: Quizes
1) Saudi Arabia is hosting the first-ever Ministerial Meeting of the G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group (ACWG) virtually. Which among the following is not a member to the group?
b) New Zealand
d) South Korea
• In June 2010 at the Toronto Summit, the G20 Anti-Corruption Working Group’s (ACWG) was set up. Its primary goal is to prepare “comprehensive recommendations for consideration by leaders on how the G20 could continue to make practical and valuable contributions to international efforts to combat corruption”.
2) Agar International Trade Centre, the first-of-its-kind in the country, is coming in the state of
d) None of the above
• Assam to come up with Agar International Trade Centre, which is the first-of-its-kind in the country at Dabidubi in Golaghat district.
3) Uttarakhand inaugurated Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme (Ekikrit Adarsh Krishi Gram Yojana) in the state in partnership with
d) None of the above
• Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Wednesday inaugurated Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme (Ekikrit Adarsh Krishi Gram Yojana) in the state in partnership with NABARD.”Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme is a concept which will prove to be a milestone in strengthening the economy of farmers and doubling their income,” Rawat said while launching the scheme at Doiwala near here.
4) Mangdechhu Hydroelectric project, constructed by India has been awarded the Brunel Medal 2020 conferred by UK’s top engineering body — Institute of Civil Engineers. It is located in
• The Mangdechhu Hydroelectric project in Bhutan, constructed by India has been awarded the Brunel Medal 2020 conferred by UK’s top engineering body — Institute of Civil Engineers.
5) Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) compiled by Labour and Employment Ministry revised its base year to
• The Labour and Employment Ministry has revised the base year of the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) from 2001 to 2016.