News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Oct 2020
- October 28, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Recently released 2020 Global Hunger Index (GHI) ranks India at
• India has been ranked 94 out of 107 countries, lower than neighbours like Bangladesh and Pakistan.
2) Who has been elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Body of the ILO for the period October 2020 to June 2021?
a) Apurva Chandra
b) Juan Somavia
c) Michel Hansenne
d) Francis Blanchard
• Shri Apurva Chandra, Secretary (Labour and Employment) has been elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Body of the ILO for the period October 2020 to June 2021.
3) Scientists have reported the discovery of the first room-temperature superconductor, after more than a century of waiting. Which among the following elements are not used for the discovery?
• The superconductor was formed by squeezing carbon, hydrogen and sulfur between the tips of two diamonds and hitting the material with laser light to induce chemical reactions.
4) Himalayan red bear, isabelline bear or Dzu-Teh is the largest carnivore in the highlands of Himalayas. It is categorised by IUCN as
b) Critically Endangered
c) Extinct in wild
d) None of the above
• While the brown bear as a species is classified as Least Concern by the IUCN, this subspecies is highly endangered and populations are dwindling. It is Endangered in the Himalayas and Critically Endangered in Hindu Kush.
5) Mount Girnar where 22nd Tirthankar Lord Neminath attained Nirvana is located in
• A 2.3-km-long ropeway project was recently launched by PM Modi on Mount Girnar in Junagadh city.