News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 Oct 2020
- October 29, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The entire coal industry in India was nationalised during
• A special CBI court has sentenced former Union Minister Dilip Ray and three other individual convicts to three years of jail term for irregularities in the allocation of the Brahmadiha coal block in Jharkhand in 1999.
2) Which among the following is not a major mineral?
• The list of 31 minerals to be notified as minor minerals include: Agate, Ball Clay, Barytes, Calcareous Sand, Calcite, Chalk, China Clay, Clay (Others), Corundum, Diaspore, Dolomite, Dunite/pyroxenite, Felsite, Felspar, Fireclay,Fuschite Quartzite, Gypsum, Jasper, Kaolin, Laterite, Limekankar, Mica, Ochre,Pyrophyllite etc.
3) World Polio Day is observed on
a) August 24
b) October 29
c) October 24
d) August 29
• World Polio Day was established by Rotary International on 24th October to celebrate the birth of Jonas Salk, who developed a vaccine against poliomyelitis.
4) Which among the agreements are yet to be signed between India and USA?
d) None of the above
• India and the U.S. will sign the last foundational agreement, Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-Spatial cooperation (BECA) during the upcoming 2+2 ministerial dialogue.
5) India–Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE) is launched by
a) Atal Innovation Mission
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• I-ACE will focus on identification and development of innovative technology solutions by bright-minded students, startups and MSMEs of both nations.