News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Oct 2020
- October 30, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) October 27 celebrated as Infantry Day on account of
a) 1965 Indo-Pak war
b) 1947 Indo-Pak war
c) 1962 Indo-China war
d) 1971 Indo-Pak war
• It was on this day that first Indian infantry soldiers took part in an action to defend Indian territory from external aggression.On October 26, 1947 the then Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir, Hari Singh, signed the instrument of accession, making his state a part of Indian dominion, and thus paving the day for Indian troops to be deployed in the state to fight against Pakistani invaders.
2) Harpoon, recently heard in news, is a
a) Temperate cyclone
b) Digital currency
c) Tropical cyclone
d) Anti-ship missile
• The Harpoon is an all-weather, over-the-horizon, anti-ship missile, developed and manufactured by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing Defense, Space & Security).U.S. to sell Harpoon defence systems worth $2.4 billion to Taiwan.
3) ‘NatyaTarangini’ – Performing Arts Centre was started with an idea to globally popularize which classical dance form?
• ‘NatyaTarangini’ – Performing Arts Centre was started with an idea to globally popularize Kuchipudi style of Indian classical dance.
4) Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) recent rule put Future-Reliance deal on hold. It was based on a plea from
• SIAC rules in Amazon’s favour, puts Future-Reliance deal on hold.This order came on a plea from global e-commerce giant Amazon.
5) ASER surveys are conducted by
a) Ministry of Education
b) Pratham NGO
c) Both (a) and (b)
• ASER is a nationwide survey of rural education and learning outcomes in terms of reading and arithmetic skills.It has been conducted by the NGO Pratham for the last 15 years. This year, the survey was conducted via phone calls.