News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 31 Oct 2020
- November 2, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Operation “Meri Saheli” initiative was recently launched for focused action on security of women by
a) Indian Railways
b) Airport Authority of India
c) Kerala Police
d) None of the above
• Indian Railways has launched “Meri Saheli” initiative for focused action on security of women across all zones with an objective to provide safety and security to lady passengers travelling by trains for their entire journey from starting station to destination station.
2) Which among the following are smallest and most abundant of all sea turtles found in the world?
a) Olive ridley sea turtle
b) Leatherback sea turtle
c) Red-crowned roofed turtle
d) None of the above
• The Olive ridley turtles are the smallest and most abundant of all sea turtles found in the world.
• The Odisha government has requested the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) to conduct a fresh study for identifying the movement of Olive Ridley sea turtles, which would help the State renew its conservation efforts along its coast.
3) Which among the state governments issued an executive order assuring 7.5% horizontal reservation for government school students in medical admissions?
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
• A day after the state government issued an executive order assuring 7.5% horizontal reservation for government school students in medical admissions in this academic year, Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit too granted his assent to the Bill—which had been pending for approval for over a month.
4) Which among the following state governments signed an MoU with GAME (Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship) in association with LEAD at Krea University to support MSMEs?
b) Uttar Pradesh
• Initial results of a six-month survey that is underway by GAME (Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship) in association with LEAD at Krea University covering 1,500 micro enterprises also reveal that 40 per cent tried to borrow money to cover expenses. However, only 14 per cent of the overall borrowing was from formal borrowing sources.
5) Commission for Air Quality Management, recently announced statutory body, is headquartered at
a) New Delhi
d) West Bengal
• “The ordinance may be called the Commission for Air Quality Management In National Capital Region and Adjoining Areas Ordinance 2020. It shall apply to the national capital region and also adjoining areas in so far as it relates to matters concerning air pollution in the NCR. It shall come into force at once,” it said.