News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Nov 2020
- November 4, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Rashtriya Ekta Diwas observed on 31st October marks the occasion of birth anniversary of
a) Sardar Patel
b) BR Ambedkar
c) Jawaharlal Nehru
d) None of the above
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary is being celebrated as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ (National Unity Day) since 2014. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who is credited with uniting all 562 princely states of the pre-independent country to build the Republic of India, passed away on December 15, 1950
2) Which among the following names of cyclones are correctly matched with the place of origin?
a) Typhoon – North Atlantic Ocean
b) Hurricanes – Northwest Pacific Ocean
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• In the North Atlantic Ocean and Northeast Pacific, they are called hurricanes.But if the same type of disturbance takes place in the Northwest Pacific Ocean, it is known as a typhoon.And in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean, cyclone is the correct term.
3) Who among the following are known as the father of the Malayalam language?
c) Chandu Menon
• Writer Paul Zacharia has been selected for the 28th EzhuthachanPuraskaram.
4) 16 Psyche, recently heard in news, is a
b) Corona vaccine
c) Ballistic missile
• A recent study has found that this asteroid could be made entirely of metal and is worth an estimated $10,000 quadrillion — more than the entire economy of Earth.
5) Kevadia tourism circuit covers 35 tourist spots including the Valley of Flowers, Vishwa Van, Cactus Garden, Butterfly Garden. It is located in the state of
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) West Bengal
• Kevadia circuit covers 35 tourist spots including the Valley of Flowers, Vishwa Van, Cactus Garden, Butterfly Garden.