News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Nov 2020
- November 5, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Meri Saheli is an initiative to ensure women safety launched by
a) Indian Railways
b) Airport Authority of India
c) Haryana RTC
d) None of the above
• Indian Railways started another great initiative named “Meri Saheli” to provide more safety and security to women passengers during their entire journey.
• The “Meri Saheli” initiative is to provide more safety and security of lady passengers travelling by trains in their entire journey from originating station till destination station.
2) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, for its ‘Project Parivartan’, signed a contract worth ₹400 with
• Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd and Tech Mahindra signed a contract worth ₹400 crore for implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to support HAL’s ‘Project Parivartan’. “HAL and TM signed a contract worth ₹400 crore recently in Bengaluru for implementation of ERP to support HAL’s ‘Project Parivartan’,” read a statement from HAL.
3) As per the recently released Public Affairs Index, which among the following is the best governed state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
• The Public Affairs Index-2020 released by the Public Affairs Centre in Bengaluru declared Kerala the best governed state in the country, while Uttar Pradesh ended at the bottom in the large states category.
4) The United Nations General Assembly has designated______________________ as World Cities Day.
a) 1st Nov
b) 2nd Nov
c) 3rd Nov
d) 31st Oct
• The United Nations General Assembly has designated the 31st of October as World Cities Day, by its resolution 68/239. The Day is expected to greatly promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
5) Instant payouts “Visa Direct” is an initiative of
a) RBL Bank
b) Axis Bank
d) Both (a) and (c)
• Private lender RBL Bank has joined hands with Visa Direct, in a bid to facilitate instant, real-time and secure fund settlement on debit and credit cards. The alliance with RBL Bank will enable Visa in expanding the reach of its real-time payments platform1, Visa Direct, across India.