News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Nov 2020
- November 8, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) A review of BMI of various countries published recently in the medical journal The Lancet, ranks India at
• The study has ranked India at the 196th spot with respect to BMI.India’s 19-year-old boys and girls have a BMI of 20.1.
2) Which among the following countries is the first to officially exit from Paris climate deal?
• The US formally exited the Paris Climate Agreement on Wednesday amid election uncertainty, three years after President Donald Trump announced his intent to remove the country from participating in the landmark global pact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
3) The International Centre for Clean Water (ICCW) which signed an agreement with Japanese firm DG Takano to develop innovative products to solve environmental challenges in providing clean and safe drinking water across the globe is an initiative of
a) Niti Aayog
b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
c) IISc Bangalore
d) IIT Madras
• The Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) will collaborate with a Japanese firm to bring clean water technology to the country.
4) Don Talbot who passed away recently was famous in the field of
d) None of the above
• Don Talbot is being remembered as a “coaching magician” after the former Australian swimming mentor and inaugural Australian Institute of Sport director passed away on Tuesday, aged 87.
5) The World Tsunami Awareness Day 2020 is observed every year on
a) Nov 1st
b) Nov 3rd
c) Nov 5th
d) Nov 6th
• The World Tsunami Awareness Day 2020 is observed every year on 5 November with an aim to create ways to save lives in view of future disasters. The United Nations, through a resolution adopted on 22 December, 2015, designated the day to be World Tsunami Awareness Day.