News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Nov 2020
- November 9, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Why were there no cyclone developments this year in Indian ocean?
a) Weak La Nina
b) Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO)
c) Vertical wind shear
d) All of the above
• IMD officials have attributed it to the weak La Nina conditions along the equatorial Pacific Ocean. Cooler than normal sea surface temperatures over this region—termed as La Nina— has been prevailing since August this year. Because Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO) was positioned in a favourable phase, the low-pressure systems intensified maximum up to a deep depression. MJO is kind of an eastward-moving cyclic weather event along the tropics that influences rainfall, winds, sea surface temperatures and cloud cover. Most importantly, there was the high wind shear noted between the different atmospheric levels, last month.
2) EOS-01, recently launched by ISRO, is an
a) Earth Observation Satellite
b) Communication Satellite
c) Remote Sensing Satellite
d) Navigation Satellite
• It is an earth observation satellite.EOS-01 is nothing but another Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT) that will work together with RISAT-2B and RISAT-2BR1 launched last year.
3) First Islamic school for transgender Muslims with clerics is started in
• Bangladesh has opened its first Islamic school for transgender Muslims with clerics calling it a first step towards integrating the discriminated minority into society.
4) Green Innovation Fund, a six-month long fund-linked accelerator programme for social impact startups, was launched by
c) Tamil Nadu
• A Green Innovation Fund, a six-month long fund-linked accelerator programme for social impact startups, was launched on Thursday by Kerala Finance Minister Dr Thomas Isaac. The fund is a joint initiative of Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM), Haritha Keralam Mission and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), India. Along with the Finance Minister, Shoko Noda, the Country Representative of UNDP, India, was also present at the online launch event.
5) Serum Institute of India and Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd, signed a tripartite agreement for coronavirus vaccine developed by Oxford with
• Bangladesh has signed a tripartite agreement with the Serum Institute of India and Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a pharmaceutical company in Bangladesh, for coronavirus vaccine developed by Oxford.After signing the agreement, Health Minister Zahid Maleque disclosed the information during a press briefing held at the Health Ministry’s conference room on Thursday.“The doses will be given to one and half crore coronavirus infected people in the country,” said the minister.