News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 13 Nov 2020
- November 15, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s first sandalwood museum is being set up at
• This first of a kind museum has been set by the Mysuru Forest Divison at the Sandalwood Depot in Aranya Bhavan, Mysuru. Visitors can learn about sandalwood classification, varieties of sandalwood, its farming methods, etc.
2) Project Air Care is the project launched to fight air pollution by the state of
d) Uttar Pradesh
• In a step towards combating the rising air pollution in the NCR region, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Wednesday unveiled ‘Project Air Care’, under which 65 state-of-the-art WAYU air purifier units will be installed in locations with high Air Quality Indices (AQI).
3) Which among the following is the criteria for NGOs to receive foreign funding as per present FCRA norms?
a) Existed for at least 3 years
b) Spent 15 lakh in voluntary activities
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• Any organisation that wants to register itself under FCRA “shall be in existence for three years” and should have “spent a minimum amount of ₹15 lakh on its core activities for the benefit of society during the last three financial years”. However, exceptions could be granted “provided that the Central Government, in exceptional cases or in cases where a person is controlled by the Central Government or a State Government may waive the conditions”.
4) First metro rail corporation in India to lay vibration absorbing tracks is
d) None of the above
• Mumbaikars’ underground travel on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor is further smoothened as the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has begun trial production of High Vibration Attenuation Booted Twin Sleeper Blocks to lay tracks with the help of Swiss machinery installed by M/s. Sonneville from Switzerland.
5) Which among the following states bagged the first prize at 2nd National Water Awards?
a) Tamil Nadu
• Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu today virtually presented the Second National Water Awards.He said, water is a scarce natural resource which is fundamental to life, livelihood, food security and sustainable development.He extended his compliments to Tamil Nadu which bagged the Best State Award.