News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Nov 2020
- November 18, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Birth anniversary of Birsa Munda was observed on November 15th in recognition of his impact on the national movement by the state of
• In recognition of his impact on the national movement, the state of Jharkhand was created on his birth anniversary in 2000.
2) ‘Ulgulan’, or ‘The Great Tumult’ is the name of which tribal leader in pre-independent India?
a) Birsa Munda
b) Karam Shah
c) Tarak Singh
d) None of the above
• Bisra started a movement called ‘Ulgulan’, or ‘The Great Tumult’. His struggle against the exploitation and discrimination against tribals led to a big hit against the British government in the form of the Chotanagpur Tenancy Act being passed in 1908. The act restricted the passing on of land from the tribal people to non-tribals.
3) 2018 report on “Vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System” is published by
a) Census Commissioner
b) RegistrarGeneral of India
c) National Sample Survey Organisation
d) All of the above
• The report was published recently by the Registrar-General of India. It throws light on Sex Ratios of various states in the country.
4) Which among the following countries is not a part of RCEP?
d) South Korea
• The mega trade bloc comprises 15 countries led by China (10 ASEAN members and Australia, China, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand).The initialising ceremony of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) was held recently among member-countries on the sidelines of the 37th ASEAN Summit.
5) Which among the following countries will extend its “golden” visa system to certain professionals, specialised degree-holders and others?
c) Saudi Arabia
• The United Arab Emirates will extend its “golden” visa system — which grants 10-year residency in the West Asian nation — to certain professionals, specialised degree-holders and others, the UAE’s Vice-President said on Sunday.