News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Nov 2020
- November 19, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Puerto Rico is a Spanish-speaking island located in the
a) Caribbean Sea
b) Mediterranean Sea
c) South China Sea
d) Pacific Ocean
• For the third time in ten years, the United States territory of Puerto Rico has voted in favour of statehood.Puerto Rico is a Spanish-speaking island located in the Caribbean Sea.
2) Blue Berets or Blue Helmets, often heard in news, are members of
a) Red Cross
b) UN PKF
c) WHO Disease Surveillance
d) None of the above
• UN peacekeepers (often referred to as Blue Berets or Blue Helmets because of their light blue berets or helmets) can include soldiers, police officers, and civilian personnel.
• With China significantly scaling up its troop contribution for United Nations Peace Keeping (UNPK) missions, India and the U.S. are looking to undertake training of military personnel for the missions from Southeast Asian countries on the lines of the ongoing initiative for African countries.
3) Ariel (Atmospheric Remote-sensing Infrared Exoplanet Large-survey),to be launched in 2029, is formally adopted by
c) European Space Agency
• The European Space Agency (ESA) has formally adopted Ariel, the explorer that will study the nature, formation and evolution of exoplanets.
4) PM Narendra Modi unveils ‘Statue of Peace’ in Rajasthanto mark the 151stBirth Anniversary celebrations of
a) Vijay Vallabh Surishwer
b) Sardar Parel
c) Veer Savarkar
d) None of the above
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Monday, unveiled the statue of Jainacharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Ji Maharaj in Pali, Rajasthan to mark the 151st Jayanti celebrations of the saint.
5) Who among the following can summon a session of Parliament “at such time and place as he thinks fit?”
a) Prime Minister
c) Leader of House
• The winter session of Parliament that usually commences by last week of November is unlikely to be held due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in Delhi.Article 85 says the President can summon a session of Parliament “at such time and place as he thinks fit”. Thus, a session can be called on the recommendation of the government, which decides its date and duration.