News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 19 Nov 2020
- November 21, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following state government has decided to set up a ‘Gau Cabinet’ for the protection and promotion of cattle?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
• Madhya Pradesh government has decided to set up a ‘Gau Cabinet’ for the protection and promotion of cattle.The Animal Husbandry, Forest, Panchayat and Rural Development, Revenue, Home and Farmers’ Welfare Departments would be part of the Cabinet.
2) Operation Thunder 2020, intercepted an 18-tonne shipment of red sandalwood, is coordinated effort of
a) India Customs
c) World Customs Organisation
d) All of the above
• The India Customs intercepted an 18-tonne shipment of red sandalwood destined for the United Arab Emirates, during a month-long “Operation Thunder 2020”, coordinated by the Interpol and the World Customs Organisation, which involved law enforcement agencies in 103 countries.
3) Reciprocal Access Agreement, a legal framework to allow their troops to visit each other’s countries and conduct training and joint operations, was signed between
a) US and Australia
b) Australia and Japan
c) Japan and India
d) China and Pakistan
• Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison is in Japan to hold talks with his Japanese counterpart, Yoshihide Suga, to bolster defence ties between the two US allies to counter China’s growing assertiveness in the Asia-Pacific region amid a transition in American leadership. The two countries are close to concluding a Reciprocal Access Agreement, a legal framework to allow their troops to visit each other’s countries and conduct training and joint operations.
4) Which among the following banks launched CASA (current account, savings account) mobilisation campaign?
a) State Bank of India
b) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
c) Karnataka Bank Limited
d) None of the above
• Karnataka Bank launched CASA (current account, savings account) mobilisation campaign on Monday which will run from November 17 to March 4, 2021.A press release by the bank said that it intends to mobilise over 4.10 lakh current and savings accounts with an accretion of ₹650 crore of business.
5) Who among the following has been appointed as the Punjab state icon by the Election Commission of India?
c) Akshay Kumar
d) Amitabh Bahan
• Actor SonuSood has been appointed as the Punjab state icon by the Election Commission of India, an official statement said here on Monday.The statement quoting Punjab Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) S Karuna Raju said his office had sent a proposal to the ECI in this regard and they approved the same.