News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Nov 2020
- November 22, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following is the first State in the country to get ISO certification for its tribal hostels?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
• Odisha became the first State in the country to get ISO certification for its tribal hostels. In the first phase, 44 hostels of Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts have been accorded ISO 9001:2015 Certification.The certification was awarded basing on the quality of amenities available for scheduled category students residing in hostels set up by ST and SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare department.
2) Women Entrepreneurship Day is celebrated globally on
a) Nov 19
b) Nov 20
c) Nov 21
d) None of the above
• On November 19, we mark Women’s Entrepreneurship Day, a day spearheaded by the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organization to celebrate and support women in business worldwide.
3) Team Halo, aimed atbuilding confidence in the effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine and counter misinformation, is an initiative of
a) United Nations
b) University of London
c) Tropical Medicine.
d) All of the above
• To build confidence in the effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine and counter misinformation, over 100 scientists across the world have joined hands as Team Halo. The initiative stems from a collaboration between the United Nations and The Vaccine Confidence Project at the University of London’s School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
4) Global Prevention Coalition (GPC) for HIV Prevention 2020 was hosted by
a) US CDC
d) Both (b) and (c)
• Hosted by UNAIDS and UNFPA on behalf of the Global HIV Prevention Coalition (GPC), the conference this year holds significance in achieving the 2016 UNGA commitment to end AIDS by 2030. Member states of GPC had agreed to reduce new adult HIV infections by 75 per cent at the end of 2020 from 2010 levels.
5) The Indian Navy on Wednesday received the first of the four Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft from
• The Indian Navy on Wednesday received the first of the four Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft from the US under a USD 1.1 billion deal, official sources said. The aircraft, equipped with the latest sensors, landed at INS Hansa, a key naval base in Goa, in the morning, they said.