News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 21 Nov 2020
- November 23, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Government of India and the World Bank signed a $120 million project to improve and modernise the transport sector of state of
a) Uttar Pradesh
• The Government of India, the Government of Meghalaya and the World Bank today signed a $120 million project to improve and modernise the transport sector of state of Meghalaya. This will help Meghalaya to harness its vast growth potential for high-value agriculture and tourism. The project will improve about 300 km of strategic road segments and stand-alone bridges by using innovative, climate resilient, and nature-based solutions. It will also support innovative solutions such as precast bridges to reduce both time and cost of construction.
2) Which among the following is the first bank in India to issue Cardless EMI facility at retail stores?
a) ICICI Bank
b) Axis Bank
c) Kotak Mahindra Bank
d) None of the above
• ICICI Bank is the first in the industry to introduce a fully digital, cardless EMI facility at retail stores. ICICI Bank has tied up with Pine Labs to offer this facility across pan-India outlets of leading retailers.
3) Booker Prize for 2020 is awarded to the novel “Shuggie Bain” written by
a) Diane Cook
b) Douglas Stuart
c) Avni Doshi
d) Brandon Taylor
• The Booker Prize of the 2020 has been announced and the coveted honour has been bestowed on Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain. In his debut work, Stuart presents a tightly-cut portrait of the working class during the 1980s in Glasgow. But at its heart, it is about a family struggling to survive and children loving damaged parents amidst all the struggle.
4) India is at 77th position with a score of 45 in a global list that measures business bribery risks of 2020. It is an initiative by
a) Transparency International
d) Both (a) and (c)
• India is at 77th position with a score of 45 in a global list that measures business bribery risks of 2020.The list by TRACE, an anti-bribery standard setting organisation, measures business bribery risk in 194 countries, territories, and autonomous and semi-autonomous regions.
5) Indian Army had signed a deal with a private company, Oshocorp Global pvt ltd, for the first time. The deal is to produce
b) Assault Rifles
d) All of the above
• In a first, the Army has accorded project sanction order to OshoCorp Global for development and supply of specialised ammunition for its T-72 and T-90 main battle tanks.