News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Nov 2020
- November 27, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The National Defence Academy (NDA), ever since 1999 has been conferring the best passing out cadet with the LachitBorphukan gold medal.LachitBorphukanwas a commander in the kingdoms of
• PM pays tribute to LachitBorphukan on LachitDiwas.
• He was a commander in the Ahom kingdom, known for his leadership in the 1671 Battle of Saraighat that thwarted a drawn-out attempt by Mughal forces under the command of Ramsingh I to take over Ahom kingdom.
2) South Asian University, established in 2010, is an international university located in
d) Sri Lanka
• South Asian University is an International University located in New Delhi, India sponsored by the 8 Member States of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation. The eight countries are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
3) The first central bank to have crossed one million followers in twitter is
a) Reserve Bank of India
b) People’s Bank of China
c) Federal Reserve System
d) None of the above
• “RBI Twitter account becomes world’s first monetary authority with 1 million followers today. A new milestone. Congratulations to all my colleagues in RBI,” Governor Shaktikanta Das tweeted.
4) Aviation safety awareness week 2020 was observed to raise awareness on aviation safety by
a) Airports Authority of India
b) Ministry of Civil Aviation
c) Air India
d) Allof the above
• Country’s largest Airport operator and sole Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP), Airports Authority of India (AAI) has commenced the Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020. The week-long celebration from November 23 to November 27 is being observed at all airports and ANS locations managed by the AAI across the country.
5) NCC Raising Day was observed on
a) Nov 22
b) Nov 23
c) Nov 21
d) Nov 24
• National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world, celebrated its 72nd Raising Day on 22 November. The raising day function was marked by paying homage, at the National War Memorial, to the fallen heroes, who made the supreme sacrifice of their lives. The Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar and DG NCC Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra laid wreaths on behalf of the entire NCC fraternity.