News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Nov 2020
- November 28, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Compendium on COVID practices by states/UTs was released recently by
a) Niti Aayog
d) All of the above
• Government think tank Niti Aayog on Wednesday released a compendium of practices that states and union territories have adopted for containing and managing the outbreak of coronavirus. The compendium was released by Niti Aayog member V K Paul and Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
2) Which among the following is the first company to market Compressed Bio Gas under the brand name Indi Green?
a) Reliance Petroleum
b) Bharat Petroleum
c) Hindustan Petroleum
d) Indian Oil Corporation
• Indian Oil is the first company to market Compressed Bio-Gas from 10 retail outlets spread across Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Gujarat, under the brand name Indi Green.
3) Which among the following is the first nation to make sanitary pads, tampons free?
• Scotland on Tuesday made sanitary products free to all women, becoming the first nation in the world to take such a step against “period poverty.” Scotland on Tuesday made sanitary products free to all women, becoming the first nation in the world to take such a step against “period poverty.”
4) SDG Investor Map, aiming to bring together private-sector investment and public sector support towards SDG, is launched by
b) Invest India
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Niti Aayog
• The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Invest India, the national investment promotion agency under the Commerce & Industry Ministry, have launched the ‘SDG (sustainable development goals) Investor Map’ for India with 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical sectors such as education and healthcare to help the country achieve its development goals.
5) The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has approved the construction of the Song Dam Drinking Water Project worth Rs 1100 crore in
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) None of the above
• The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has approved the construction of the Song Dam Drinking Water Project worth Rs 1100 crore in Dehradun, according to a press release, on Wednesday.