News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 30 Nov 2020
- December 2, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Brahmaputra is crucial for India too as its basin is a critical water source for
a) West Bengal
d) All of the above
• It is crucial for India too as its basin is a critical water source for Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Nagaland and West Bengal.Amid simmering border tension with India along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh, China is planning to build a major hydropower project on Brahmaputra River in Tibet and a proposal for this has been clearly put forward in the 14th Five-Year Plan to be implemented from next year.
2) Permanent Secretariat of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is located at
a) Saudi Arabia
• Permanent Secretariat is in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
• India has lashed out at Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) (formerly Organization of the Islamic Conference) and rejected unwarranted references about Jammu & Kashmir made in resolutions adopted at the 47th Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) session.
3) One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance, recently launched, is an initiative by
a) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
b) World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
c) World Health Organization (WHO)
d) All of the above
• The heads of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), and the World Health Organization (WHO) today launched the new One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance.
4) Hayabusa 2 spacecraft left the asteroid Ryugu a year ago and is expected to reach Earth and drop a capsule containing the precious samples in southern Australia. It is a satellite launched by
d) None of the above
• Japan’s Hayabusa2 spacecraft left the asteroid Ryugu a year ago and is expected to reach Earth and drop a capsule containing the precious samples in southern Australia on December 6.
5) Mount Ili Lewotolok, erupted recently, is a volcano located in
• Indonesia’s Mount Ili Lewotolok has erupted, belching a column of smoke and ash 4km (2.5 miles) into the sky, triggering a flight warning and the closure of the local airport.There were no reports of injuries or damage from the eruption on Sunday in a remote part of the Southeast Asian archipelago.