News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 01 Dec 2020
- December 3, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following can happen if “None of the above (NOTA)” gets highest number of votes?
a) The candidate who got next highest is declared elected
b) None of the candidates are elected
c) None of the candidates are qualified for the future elections
d) Both (b) and (c)
• An advocate has moved the Supreme Court for a direction that fresh elections should be held in a constituency where NOTA (‘None of the above’ option) garnered the maximum number of votes.Besides, none of the candidates who lost to NOTA should be allowed to contest the fresh polls.
2) The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 on the initiative of
• The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 on the initiative of the G7.It is a “policy-making body” which works to generate the necessary political will to bring about national legislative and regulatory reforms in various areas.The FATF Secretariat is housed at the OECD headquarters in Paris.
3) Which among the following is not a tributary of Yamuna?
d) None of the above
• The Chambal, theSind, the Betwa and the Ken rivers are the tributaries of the river.
• A ‘Monthly Progress Report’ was recently submitted by the Delhi Pollution Control Committee to the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti on cleaning Yamuna.
• The level of faecal coliform (microbes from human and animal excreta) is above the desirable limit at all points tested in Yamuna in Delhi, except for Palla where the river enters the city, as per a Delhi government report.
4) Indian peacock soft-shell turtleis a riverine turtle endemic to
d) All of the above
• It is a riverine turtle endemic to India, Nepal, and Bangladesh.They are generally omnivorous (predominantly carnivorous) and nocturnal.
5) Government of India has announced the stimulus package of Rs. 900 crore for the Mission COVID Suraksha, which aims to
a) Develop COVID vaccine
b) Reignite economic growth
c) Improve health infrastructure
d) None of the above
• The Government of India has announced the stimulus package of Rs. 900 crore for the Mission COVID Suraksha, the Indian Covid-19 Vaccine Development Mission, which will help the development process of the vaccine candidates.