News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Dec 2020
- December 4, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Internationally acclaimed annual 10-day Hornbill Festival will be celebrated in a completely virtual mode from December 1. It is celebrated in the state of
d) None of the above
• Internationally acclaimed annual 10-day Hornbill Festival of Nagaland will be celebrated in a completely virtual mode from December 1. The festival will be telecast through three TV channels.
2) Which among the following is the most polluted city in the world as per US Air Quality Index data?
b) New York
c) New Delhi
• The air quality index of Lahore and Faisalabad was worse than New Delhi in neighbouring India in early November. Faisalabad recorded 440 and Lahore 321, with a fine particulate matter (PM2.5) concentration of 270 micrograms per cubic metre (μg/m³). Particulate matter smaller than 2.5 microns is particularly dangerous because it is fine enough to penetrate into the lungs and bloodstream. The World Health Organisation guideline is 25 μg/m³ for PM2.5, the state governments is 35 μg/m³.
3) Which among the following countries has the highest bribery rate in Asia as per Global Corruption Barometer (GCB) Asia?
• India has the highest bribery rate in Asia and the most number of people who use personal connections to access public services, according to a new report by corruption watchdog Transparency International. The Global Corruption Barometer (GCB) Asia, found that nearly 50 per cent of those who paid bribes were asked to, while 32 per cent of those who used personal connections said they would not receive the service otherwise.
4) Which among the following universities topped the QS Asia University Rankings 2021?
a) IIT Mumbai
b) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
c) National University of Singapore
d) Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
• The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is the top university overall and the National University of Singapore has secured the first position for the third consecutive year amongst the Asian higher education bodies. On the other hand, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in Bombay, Delhi, Kharagpur and Madras along with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have come up in the top 75 institutions among the Asian countries.
5) World AIDS day is observed every year on
a) 2nd December
b) 31st December
c) 1st December
d) 30th November
• It is observed on 1st December 2020 with the theme “Global Solidarity, resilient HIV services”.